Filed under: Artisan Cheese & Deli
That’s right! The Di Stefano family owns a dairy in Southern California and has a lifetime of experience, tradition, and passion for making cheese. This boutique-style artisan cheese company is dedicated to making burrata only and ensures it is the most authentic available in the U.S. As a matter of fact, it’s only available at Plum Market in the Midwest (we’ve got connections). International awards an prestigious seals have been collected for this incredible cheese over the last 10 years. It’s also been voted #1 Burrata by the Rosengarten Report.
Di Stefano Burrata is handmade with extreme care, passion, and dedication. When you receive your Di Stefano burrata, open the crinkly bag wrapped with a green tie and you’ll find mozzarella skin with the perfect bounce and chew. When you cut into it, the inside is stretchy, stringy, and impossibly airy. The flavor is extremely delicate, delicious and very decadent–truly like no other burrata you’ll find in the U.S.
Here are some ideas for using your Di Stefano burrata in some delicious dishes:
- -Add to fresh tomato & basil for a twist on the classic caprese
- -Spread on a sandwich or wrap
- -Serve with crusty bread, salt & olive oil or atop crostini
- -Toss with cooked pasta, fresh tomato, basil, olive oil, salt & pepper
- -Use as a pizza topping
- -On top of any sweet wafer biscuit with orange marmalade, chopped crystallized ginger and orange zest as a dessert
- -More recipes