Filed under: Mad Picks | Wine, Beer, & Spirits
Whether you’re a budding mixologist or a two-ingredient-tops cocktail drinker, you can create festive, Fourth of July-themed cocktails your guests will love. You can choose patriotic names or go with the red, white, and blue color scheme, but either way you’ll be sure to impress your guests–and honor the Good Old USA–without spending hours behind the bar.
These cocktail recipes are classic, festive, and most importantly simple summer sippers that are easily made using common ingredients:
The Americano: A red-hued cocktail saluting Americans Abroad
A true classic cocktail, The Americano is a gentle introduction to the unusual, bitter taste of Campari. Originally named the Milano-Torino because of the origins of its ingredients, but was later renamed because of its popularity among American tourists during Prohibition.
- 1 ounce Campari
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth
- Club soda or Prosecco
- Lemon twist or orange slice for garnish
- Pour the Campari and vermouth into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice cubes.
- Top with club soda or Prosecco.
- Garnish with the lemon twist or orange slice.
*Switch to a highball glass and add more club soda for a tall thirst quencher.
The Blue Hawaii: An exotic colored cocktail celebrating our 50th State!
This is a blue version of a Piña Colada. Splitting the coconut allows room for the blue curacao, an orange-flavored liqueur that is responsible for the cocktail’s color.
- 3/4 ounce rum
- 3/4 ounce blue curaçao
- 3/4 ounce Kalani Coconut liqueur
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Pineapple wedge for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice cubes.
- Stir well.
- Strain into a collins glass filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with the cherry and pineapple.
There are two versions of this this cocktail: the shaken version described above, or the frozen option. For the frozen version, add the ingredients to a blender with 1 cup of cracked ice.
The Fourth of July Shooters: A colorful way to get to where you want to go!
The layered effect of this shot will only work if the ingredients are poured in the given order.
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- 1/2 ounce blue curaçao
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- Pour the grenadine into a shot glass.
- Float blue curacao on top of the grenadine.
- Float the vodka on top of the curacao.
Cheers to the USA!